200g minced pork, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp dark soy, 1tbsp dark sweet sauce, pinch of white pepper, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, salt & sugar to taste, 1tbsp canola oil, 1tsp corn flour mix with 2tbsp water
- Heat up your wok to a high heat, with the oil. When hot, add your pork mince, breaking it up in the pan. You want it to caramelise a bit and get some nice crispiness on there, so don’t move it too much for a minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, and seasoning. Simmer with low heat for few minutes. Mix 1tsp corn flour with 2tbsp water. Stir well and pour into pork.
- Quickly stir well to combine. Dish up and served.
- 100g ikan bilis (anchovy), 2tbsp soy bean, washed and cleaned。
- 1.5 litre water, 500ml meat soup (i used the stock which i boiled my meat balls)。
- salt & fish sauce to taste.
- Boil anchovy and soy beans in water for 45mins, discard anchovy n soy beans.
- Add the meat soup into the anchovy n soy bean stock.
- tasted with salt n fish sauce, set aside.
- 1/2 packet of rice vermicelli (soak in water)
- 8 "flying saucers" (hee kiaw) or fish cakes
- 12 meat balls (prepared 1 day earlier and retain the water that cook the meat balls for stock purpose)
- 200g mince pork, marinated with light soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper and tapioca flour. Stir fried and add in some dark soy sauce, fried till well cook, set aside.For Garnishing:
- 8 shallots, finely sliced and fried till golden brown and crispy.
- Green vege such as bok choy - fried and set aside ( i din't put any as i don't have any greens in hands)
To cook a bowl per person:-
- Pour a small bowl of soup base (around 350ml) and 3 meat balls and "flying saucer/fish cakes together with some rice vermicelli into a cooking pot.
- Cook till rice vermicelli is well cook. off fire and serve in serving bowl.
- Add in mince pork and green vegetables.
- Garnish with fried shallots.
- Serve hot with cut chillies.